We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Colosseo, a local Italian restaurant in downtown Garmisch, Germany.


On day two we went to Innsbruck, Austria, which was only an hour away. Tyler is posing in the old part of the city. Austin and I point to the Golden Roof house. The roof tiles are really coated with gold! I was a little disappointed because I thought the roof would be much, much bigger from our guidebook descriptions.
The beautiful old town area.
St. Jacob's church with its fantastic Baroque interior.
After this we visited the Royal Palace and saw only 3 rooms. Renovations (with NO reduced ticket prices) made it a rip off. On the plus side we were able to see an official portrait of Marie Antionette and her Austria family. No pictures allowed : (
We decided to go up on top of a mountain outside of Innsbruck. We took a series of trains and cable cars to the top. This was a stop on the way.
I was not enjoying the heights in the cable car, but Austin loved it!
Notice that we have on coats, scarves, mittens and hats. It was COLD! So cold that Austin and I were able to have a snowball fight.
Posing at the top of the mountain for a picture. "The hills are alive..."... oh YES I DID!!
Below are some of our favorite shots from the top of the mountain. There too many beautiful pictures to share here.
It must be noted that Tyler is eating ice from the top of the mountain. Austin and he thought this was cool. I thought it was GROSS!
After our adventure on the mountain we headed back downtown for some studel and coffee to warm up! What a fun day.



No comments:
Post a Comment