Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Christmas '09 part 1

Before our grand adventure to the States, Tyler and I were able to visit a few Christmas markets.  The Germans markets are really fantastic.  They feature live greenery, small booths, fest food, and elaborate decorations.  We were able to visit the Stuttgart Christmas market with our friend Brittany.  We also visted the Ludwigsburg Baroque market and the Esslingen Medieval market with friends.

Brittany and I explore the Stuttgart market.  The building behind us was an advent calandar - each night a new window was illuminated.

Mmmm...Fish on a stick anyone??

Tyler and I all bundled up and in a teepee at the Finnish part of the market.  We enjoyed Elk and Salmon for dinner - Finnish style! On the right - a fantastic German choir sings in the Old Castle.

Really neat wax ornaments and Brittany and I by the life sized nativity scene.

Tyler poses the with giant pyramid at the Ludwigsburg market.  The theme decorations in Ludwigsburg were giant abstract angels.

I found the perfect nutcracker... if only it would fit in my car!

An even bigger pyramid in Esslingen.  Brittany models her hot chocolate in a cute souvenir cup.

The old German houses all lit up are my favorite! Tyler finds the perfect ornament for our tree.

No comments: