This is "the house." Tyler's Mediterranean villa that over looked Souda Bay. He lived here for two whole years and I missed out! Should have married him sooner, I guess.
View of a popular beach called Falasarna on the way to Elafonisi Beach.
We decided to drive to Elafonisi beach on the Western side of the island of Crete. On our lovely drive (I was a bit car sick from the roads) we ran into some goats in the road. I'm told our trip to Greece wouldn't have been complete without goats in to the road!
More goats in the road.
Amazing views on the drive to the beach.
A shout out to a dear friend! Did you know your name is Greek?
The drive was really gorgeous.
Elafonisi beach. These umbrellas only cost 7 euro a day for a pair of chairs and an umbrella. I cringe when I think of what we paid for umbrella rental on Waikiki beach in Hawaii all those years ago!
The beach was beautiful.
Check out the crystal clear tropical water. This is what most of the beaches in Greece look like. LOVE.
Elafonisi is really a sandy island connected to the beach by a sand bar. The whole area is shielded from waves by black volcanic looking rocks offshore. This made for tons of shallow, smooth water.
Ocean and mountains are always a good combination.
The only photo we took of the both of us on our trip. Notice the old, fat Euro guy in a speedo behind us! Can you say "photo shop!"
Elafonisi has pink sand! Yes, ladies, that's right! You can see the pinkish hue in the pictures above and below.
Isn't Tyler sweet? (for those of you that can't see this very well, it says "T hearts K")
Nevermind. (This one says "T hearts KFC." The romance is dead I tell you!)
After swimming all day we drove back as the sun was setting.
Check out this random church. I made Tyler slow down so I could get a picture and he got honked at! Ooops!
Dinner at the fanciest restaurant on the island of Crete. It has been reviewed by Gourmet magazine. Tyler is eating dakos (said like "tacos" with a "d") for Trav (our current neighbor who lived in Greece for a while). Dakos are like the Greek version of bruscetta. Yum!
I love Greek food! Seriously, I can't get enough. My favorite restaurants in Germany are authentic Greek places. I also love Greek hospitality. Dinner comes with free water and dessert! Here I cap off my night with some fresh and extra yummy watermelon (dessert). Nothing like watermelon on a hot July night!
No comments:
Post a Comment