Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Success: not getting too lost and finding a parking spot

When living overseas, you have to learn that getting lost (like everyday) and having parking issues are just a way of life. Last week, I experienced this when going downtown. I hopped in my friend Brittany's car and off we went. A few kilometers down the road we both realized that we had forgotten to bring a GPS! Instead of turning around, we decided to be brave and drive sans GPS. We got lost. Several times. BUT we found a parking garage close to where we needed to be and had a great afternoon shopping. And then we got lost again. However, somehow Brittany and I ended up at Rubble Hill on our way back to my house. So we hiked to the top (in heels) and watched the sun set. Then we made it back to my house - without getting lost. Now that is a successful afternoon.

View from Rubble Hill

The City

My new friend, Brittany

No comments: