After shopping Tyler and I stopped at several fast food-ish places and picked up items for our picnic. We settled on fried shrimp, sushi, and strawberry pie. Random - I know. We headed over to the park near the New Castle - which is by far our favorite picnic spot. People are just attracted to this spot. Families with children spread blankets and lay on the grass. People lean their bikes over in the grass, sit down and people watch. Others take pictures, sleep, or jump in the fountains to cool off their feet (while eating ice cream cones - of course). Some sit down for a while and take a break from shopping. It has a very Central Park/Champ du Mars kind of feel. Tyler and I decided to adopt the local culture and join in. We just happened to buy a giant pillow while shopping (see picture of Lucy's new dog bed) and a sheet set so we promptly opened it all and layed in the grass. The weather was just perfect- 80* and not a cloud in the sky. We layed there, people watched, ate and eventually even stuck our feet in the fountain. We blended in so well with the locals that an Asian tourists even snapped a picture of our little picnic. All in all it was the perfect evening for me. I went home perfectly relaxed!
Friday, July 4, 2008
Picnic in the park
On Monday, Tyler, Lucy and I went downtown for some shopping and an impromptu picnic. Lucy enjoyed shopping. She went to the toy store and picked out several stuffed animals that she would like to have. After that she enjoyed going to the department store, although she did have to be picked up while riding the escalators.
After shopping Tyler and I stopped at several fast food-ish places and picked up items for our picnic. We settled on fried shrimp, sushi, and strawberry pie. Random - I know. We headed over to the park near the New Castle - which is by far our favorite picnic spot. People are just attracted to this spot. Families with children spread blankets and lay on the grass. People lean their bikes over in the grass, sit down and people watch. Others take pictures, sleep, or jump in the fountains to cool off their feet (while eating ice cream cones - of course). Some sit down for a while and take a break from shopping. It has a very Central Park/Champ du Mars kind of feel. Tyler and I decided to adopt the local culture and join in. We just happened to buy a giant pillow while shopping (see picture of Lucy's new dog bed) and a sheet set so we promptly opened it all and layed in the grass. The weather was just perfect- 80* and not a cloud in the sky. We layed there, people watched, ate and eventually even stuck our feet in the fountain. We blended in so well with the locals that an Asian tourists even snapped a picture of our little picnic. All in all it was the perfect evening for me. I went home perfectly relaxed!

After shopping Tyler and I stopped at several fast food-ish places and picked up items for our picnic. We settled on fried shrimp, sushi, and strawberry pie. Random - I know. We headed over to the park near the New Castle - which is by far our favorite picnic spot. People are just attracted to this spot. Families with children spread blankets and lay on the grass. People lean their bikes over in the grass, sit down and people watch. Others take pictures, sleep, or jump in the fountains to cool off their feet (while eating ice cream cones - of course). Some sit down for a while and take a break from shopping. It has a very Central Park/Champ du Mars kind of feel. Tyler and I decided to adopt the local culture and join in. We just happened to buy a giant pillow while shopping (see picture of Lucy's new dog bed) and a sheet set so we promptly opened it all and layed in the grass. The weather was just perfect- 80* and not a cloud in the sky. We layed there, people watched, ate and eventually even stuck our feet in the fountain. We blended in so well with the locals that an Asian tourists even snapped a picture of our little picnic. All in all it was the perfect evening for me. I went home perfectly relaxed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment