
This is Lucy at our hotel on the balcony. There were little holes cut into the railing that were just the right size for her head.

Our first night in Garmisch was all about the downtown pedestrian area. We shopped, walked around and sampled the gluwein (mulled wine). We weren't so much fans. Maybe we'll stick to the kinderpunch (non-alcoholic cider).

Immediately after checking into the hotel I bought some snow boots. My mesh tennis shoes just weren't going to work. I liked these boots because they are snow-proof and have cute silver buckles on the sides. I liked them so much that I wore them all weekend!


On day three of our visit (day two was Thanksgiving) Tyler and I decided to take Lucy on a long hike through a gorge. I think both of us had low expectations for what we might see. We were pleasantly surprised to find amazing sites! Everything was covered in snow or frozen - it was truly a winter wonderland.
Icicle and Kristin and Lucy pose in front of a stream.

Lucy loves the snow! We were so surprised. If she had a choice between sidewalk or snow, she always picked snow.

Lucy loves the snow! We were so surprised. If she had a choice between sidewalk or snow, she always picked snow.

Tyler and Lucy at the start of our hike.
At the top of the gorge was a hotel and restaurant where we stopped for lunch. We had yummy soup and apfel strudel for dessert. Yum! Tyler ordered a weird beer and cola concoction. Gross. I always make fun of Tyler for ordering the grossest thing on the menu. Beer and cola ranks up there. Lucy hung out under the table while we ate. There were heaters under the seats and the waitress brought her a bowl of water.


Tyler and I would throw snowballs for Lucy and she would run after them and eat them. In the picture above you can see a snowball in the air on the left and Lucy running to catch it.


More snowballs!

We really do take our dog EVERYWHERE. This is a picture of Lucy in the cable car that went to the top of the gorge. Here we are going down after lunch and much snowball eating. Lucy didn't seem to mind the ride. We put her on a moving sidewalk yesterday on the way to the Vaihingen Christmas Market. She didn't seem to like it (but was okay).

Lucy is the best travel dog. Just put her in the car and within five minutes she settles down and goes to sleep. This is a picture of her on the way home from our trip curled up with the "blue magnet." (Yes, Tyler still has that, and yes I think it's gross)
















No comments:
Post a Comment