Friday, December 12, 2008

German food

Today's blog is about German food. No, not like the typical German food we all think of. This is just random food from Real (German Walmart) or the grocery store.

The first item is a 3 berry jam. Red current, strawberry and something else. This jam is really good and used to make yummy cookies.

Mustard. French Mustard. I LOVE mustard. I can eat it straight out of the jar. (I know what you are thinking - NO IT IS NOT TRUE, I'm just weird) Just for the record, French mustard is so much better than all the others!

Antipasti. This was much better than I thought it would be. Italian food is big over here. I guess it's because we are ummm close to Italy. (On a side note there is NO good Mexican food here. The Germans swear that there are good Mexican restaurants out there - just NOT true)

This is a German frozen pizza. It's called the "Western." We bought this because it was funny. They mean the American west and the German people seem to really like American Indians. As we walked into Real we were greeted with a lovely starving artist painting of an American Indian. So TYLER picked out a western pizza in his honor. It had kidney beans and corn on it because everyone in the west must put beans and corn on everything. Definitely less cheese than an American pizza. It kind of puffed up in the oven. Yes, it was definitely "puffy" and weird (Tyler picked it out...surprise, surprise). Yet kinda good. And addictive. We ate all of it. :)

Just hanging out enjoying the food. : )

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Have a great Christmas!