That's right, I'm channelling my inner Susan (home-ec degreed mother-in-law). Tomorrow I'm having guests over. This is the first time here in Germany. My Bible Study group is coming over for coffee. Just coffee is tricky because what do you serve with coffee? (when the grocery store is closed and you haven't made a plan yet) I found myself thinking WWSD? (what would Susan Do?) Bake cookies I decided. Yes, cookies. So I decided on snicker doodles, but not just any kind of snicker doodles. I made snicker doodle
biscotti. The perfect thing for coffee (or tea) - delicous dunkable cookies. Thank you inner Susan.

the spread

Coffee bar

MMmmmm... biscotti!
Update: The biscotti was a huge hit! I even was asked for my recipe! The china looked beautiful and everyone wanted tea (the tea I already had, not the new "gourmet" coffee I bought- isn't that how it always goes?). My neighbors gushed about how cute my house is. Lots of prayers were said. It was a great time. (my only mistake was leaving the pledge out - do you see it in the picture above?)
No comments:
Post a Comment