Saturday, January 31, 2009

Lunch in Zurich

One of the greast parts of living where we do is being in close proiximity to fun travel destinations. On Friday, Tyler and I decided to make a quick trip to Zurich, Switerland for lunch and shopping. After a short drive (about 2 hours) and stop to buy a vignette (Swiss road tax) we arrived in Switzerland. Our first stop was the Crazy Cow for some yummy Swiss food.
Tyler enjoys garlic bread and a meal of Alpine maccaroni (potatoes are at the bottom) with sausage and fried onions. (the parsley makes it fancy)
This was my meal: Roschti (fried potatoes - think hash browns) with a sausage (more like a good hot dog) and vegatable salad (it is drenched in a ranch like sauce). Yummy!
I gotta say this food was really good, but SO expensive. (I guess we should have expected that from the wealthiest city in the world) I think it cost about $55.
A European statue -Kristin's delicate sensitivities are affected by the scandelous nude.
Eeeek. Is he naked?
So right after this I found a lovely, free, clean, warm bathroom house to make a pit stop at. Next it was Tyler's turn. He went in the men's side of the bathroom house. A Swiss woman stopped him and said, "You need to pee-pee?" COMPLETE WITH HAND GESTURE. Tyler said yes and she pointed him to a cold, all concrete shack with large open hole windows and no door. Hehehe.

"ME TYLER! ME CRUNCH CLOCK!" This clock has the largest face in all of Europe. Where else but Switzerland, right?


Shopping! Well, really just window shopping. We can't so much afford Doir, Chanel, etc. (Who can right now or ever?) We did go to Tiffany's, although that was mostly to warm up and have my ring cleaned.

Beautiful churches.

A Swiss original. These little pasteries are addictive and WONDERFUL. They come in tons of different flavors and some are seasonal (a reason to go back?).

Lake Zurich

I don't know why, but I was convinced that it was possible to see the Alps in Zurich. Tyler and I decided they must be behind all this fog. Hehehe.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Those pastries look like little hamburgers! Wow, that food looked so yummy.